4/9/12

Home

Home is the theme this month at OUAS I have been debating about the subject for a while, thinking about that beautiful word home.  Actually the minute I saw the sketch I went to work and did it.  In my creating process I usually begin with a photo but I didn't have one of my physical house but I did have a photo of Mercedes in front of me.  And then it hit me, home is something else, it is what we create around us, it is our significant others, home can be anywhere in the world as long as I have my family.  You see in my younger life I moved far away to go to college and that town became my home, then I married and moved far away again and this new town also became my hometown.

     In our married life we have moved 3 times, so the permanence of a physical place can not be home.  This last place had 4 bedrooms for the 3 of us.  I don't know if it was the 4 bedrooms or my approaching the big 4 oh, but we planned on having another baby.  It was a very thought through decision, there is an 8 year gap in between them because of the complications in my first pregnancy.   I am telling you then and there this little one completed the circle of what I call home.  She completes our family and makes it a home and that is why I have used her picture for my LO. 

 journaling:  With you life is more beautiful and home is complete.
 I incorporated some home touches using the gorgeous windows from Imaginarium Design, although I disected them into 5 pieces, LOL I wanted to fit the whole picture in it and make a balcony for her.

 I lifted my leaves and my butterflies to make them pop from the page
With you!

Now this one is a fun one, we had fun one Sunday afternoon after going to a Bella Boulevard workshop here in San Juan, PR
 This one was done using the CSI colors, I had been waiting for the right picture to scrap a packaging from ID, yummy!
 sugared chipboard
 clusters and pearls
 Miss M was modeling accesories for a store, that's why she is all dolled up!
And lastly, because I didn't blogged last week is my entry for this week's palette at the Color Room
 yummy Prima blooms, Heidi Swapp paper and Imaginarium chipboards, guess I am hooked on those...
Here she is at our last escape to Culebra Island, ahhh paradise I tell you!
And Solecito has all the feathers out in all its glorious yellow, so I will be using the color more and more, he looks like a sunset.

Hope your Easter was blessed and beautiful,
Hugs
Milagros

11 comments:

Sonia said...

Hola Milly, todos tus trabajos bellos, delicados y elegantes. La foto de tu hija en uno de tus layout ella parece una chica de mas edad, Dios te la bendiga es hermosa.
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

*Work Verification - resta tiempo para dejar comentarios y muchas veces no se entiende... solo una ayudita pq se puede eliminar. En muchos blogs de challenges no se deja comments cuando se encuentra el WV*

scrapbookertink said...

Loving your creations, especially the colorroom one, love those colours, mine is drying as I blog LOL. Gosh you have 4 children, where do you get the time to scrap, I have 2 teenagers and find them exhausting, take care my friend, Doreen x

cnelson said...

Such LOVELY los! Hope you had a MARVELOUS Easter!

jacirascrap said...

Lindas páginas com flores ricas!!!

Marilyn said...

Hola Milly!!
Hacia tiempo no te visitaba y como siempre es una delicia ver tus lindos trabajos! Tu chica hermosa, DLB!!! Tienes en tu tienda los chipboard de "Imaginarium"??
Un abrazo!

sandi said...

your creations are so pretty! Love what you've done for OUAS! Tks. for playing with us!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Oh my Milagros, you have been creating up a storm....Love them all but have a soft spot for your 'home' one with Mercedes. i can so relate to what you say about what home is. Like you we have moved around so much and only these last years really settled down in our physical homeplace. I hope you are well. Hugs!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Wow, wow, wow!! My jaw is hanging open here, Milagros!! What stunning layouts! And how absolutely beautiful little Miss M is! I LOVE your projects!

phamil said...

Beautiful, beautiful work! And such pretty floral elements! Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge at OUAS!

Trudi Harrison said...

So much love and attention to detail have done into these beauties. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS

Sonia said...

Milly ya te diste cuenta que ganaste en Once Upon a.. Sketch (April Winners) verifica.
Que tengas lindo dia.
-Sony